Student Records (Registrar / Admin Needs)Credit By Exam
Maximize the value of your accelerated work at TCC!
TCC awards college credit through accelerated programs such as College Board Advanced Placement (AP) classes, College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, International Baccalaureate (IB) coursework, and dual-enrollment coursework.
Learn more about college accreditation at TCC:
- TCC will accept up to 45 AP credits
- Earn your degree in one year or less
- Save Money – Save Time
An average of fifty students each semester arrive at TCC with as many as 45 credits earned as a result of these accelerated mechanisms AND complete their AA degree at TCC in one year or less.
Acceleration By the Numbers:
students enroll at TCC each year with at least 10 AP credit hours
of our first-time in college students enter TCC with AP credits
Your Bright Futures & Prepaid dollars go further at TCC!
TCC may award credit through the following accelerated mechanisms:
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Cambridge AICE Exams (AICE)
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- Excelsior College Examinations
- UExcel Excelsior College Examination Program
Note, minimum scores, maximum credit, and course or courses for which credit is to be awarded are subject to change every year.
Important Things to Remember
- No more than 45 alternative study credits may be earned toward graduation in an A.A., A.S., or A.A.S. degree.
- No more than 75% of the credits in a certificate program may be earned through these accelerated mechanisms.
- No grades are assigned to credit earned through these options and hours are not included in computing a student's GPA.
- Credit earned by examination is posted to a student's academic record only after they have successfully completed TCC courses that apply to a degree or certificate at TCC.
Learn More About:
ACC Credit By Exam Equivalencies
TCC Credit By Exam
For More Information
Contact (850) 201-8555 or email@example.com or stop by the Admissions & Records Office in the Student Union, second floor.