Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to many of your questions concerning Take Stock in Children at Tallahassee Community College.
How can I sign up?
There are two ways you can apply.
- Request an application from our office (Applications are only accepted July - October).
- Contact the Tallahassee Community College's Take Stock in Children Office at (850) 201-8314 and request an application be mailed to you.
How much does the program cost?
Nothing. There is no cost to participate in the Take Stock in Children program at Tallahassee Community College.
How can you qualify?
Students must be in grades 6-10, and must meet one economic guideline and one academic guideline. Please view the eligibility guidelines
for more information.
What type of activities are available?
During the school year, TSIC offers the following activities:
- Academic Enrichment Activities
- Financial Aid & College Preparation Workshops
- Academic Counseling
- Field Trips & Educational Experiences
- College & Career Exploration
- College Advising (for TSIC graduates attending Tallahassee Community College)
What is TSIC?
It's a way to get a college education. Take Stock in Children was started by the Florida Legislature to help students achieve a higher education who might not otherwise have a chance.