Vision: Enhanced Leadership for New Opportunities
Mission: Given that we have many talented faculty, staff, and administrators at TCC, our challenge is to provide opportunities for professional growth, advancing the vision and mission of TCC while building on our world class leadership to strengthen our learning environment.
- Develop the leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities of TCC employees
- Increase knowledge of TCC and the communities TCC supports
- Build TCC’s capacity for networking
- Increase TCC’s leadership and change capacity
Each seminar will consist of the following:
- Reflections on Professional Growth Topic: Presentation, activity, discussion, a speaker, or article or book discussion. Topics will align with the American Association of Community Colleges’ Competencies for Community College Leaders.
- A networking lunch with the President.
- Community Focus Area (sometimes consisting of an external experience)
- Information and discussion on current and future TCC efforts
Participant Selection Process
We will be seeking nominations in April 2014 for Leadership TCC Class VII 2014-15.
Supervisors will receive an email with a link to review the application and determine whether or not to support the employee.
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership Board will select the class based on the selection criteria. The class will consist of six classified staff, four faculty, and two managerial professionals which is proportional to the employee population.
- Divisions – balance of participants from different divisions
- Years at TCC – balanced between new and experienced
- Leadership at TCC – balanced between desired and current
- Community Service – balanced between new and experienced
Time Line for Application Process:
- The deadline for submitting nominations (including self-nominations) is Thursday, April 3rd.
- Supervisors will review nominations by Wednesday, April 9th.
- Approved nominees will submit applications by Wednesday, April 16th.
- Prepare for meetings
- Complete StrengthsQuest
- Read “Community College Leadership: A Multidimensional Model for Leading Change”
- Interact with mentor
- Attend meetings:
- Friday, September 5th
- Wednesday, October 15th
- Monday, November 3rd
- Tuesday, January 13th
- Thursday, February 5th
- Wednesday, March 4th
- Friday, April 3rd
All from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Reflect on leadership growth and experiences
Previous Leadership TCC Classes