What We Do
- Teach two semester contract (fall and spring) with the opportunity to teach extra classes during the summer.
- Support and engage students outside of the classroom.
- Devote 30 hours per semester to academic advising.
- Develop and revise curriculum for enhancement and expansion of academic programs.
- Provide leadership for student clubs, academic activities, college committees, and community programs.
- Participate in the development, assessment, and improvement of learning outcomes for courses and programs.
Faculty Leadership & Development: Innovation and Excellence
Though not an exhaustive list, the following are examples of some of TCC's current initiatives.
- New Faculty Seminars. In an effort to orient and integrate new faculty into campus and community life, the College has organized a seminar program through the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership. During the first two years, new faculty are given numerous opportunities to participate in information sharing and professional growth activities related to the campus community, as well as to the surrounding community.
- Academy of Teaching Learning and Success (ATLAS). ATLAS supports and expands adjunct faculty knowledge, skills, and abilities related to teaching and learning at TCC through enhancing opportunities to connect with colleagues and departments that provide resources to support faculty and students.
- Center for Distance Learning. The Center for Distance Learning (CDL) works with TCC’s faculty and staff to ensure that distance learning students receive the same quality of instruction and support as students on campus. CDL provides a wealth of resources to help support instruction, whether in the face-to-face or distance learning classroom. Faculty are provided with opportunities to take advantage of training and assistance in the design and implementation of web-based, web-assisted and hybrid courses, as well training on instructional software, assistance with multimedia development, access to Blackboard tutorials, and more.
- TCC is seeking faculty who will engage in helping shape TCC's growing online program and in the ongoing process of defining, assessing, and revising student learning outcomes. Faculty will also participate in the planning and budgeting process and in expanding and improving support systems for students.
TCC offers numerous opportunities for its students, including: