Honors ProgramAdmissions to Honors
Interested students should complete the following steps:
- Submit an online application for admission to TCC
- Complete the online application to the Honors Program below
- Submit an Honors Program application essay
Requirements for Admission to Honors
For First Time in College Students
- 1240 or above
- ACT Score - 25 or above
Minimum of 3.5 unweighted cumulative high school GPA, or graduation in the top 10% of his or her high school class.
For Current, Dual Enrolled, Returning and Transfer Students
Current, dual-enrolled, returning and transfer students must show:
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative college GPA
- Minimum of six credit hours and a maximum of 30 credit hours
- Dual-enrolled students will be evaluated on an individual basis and will be admitted based on a combination of high school academic performance (3.5 unweighted GPA or higher) and academic performance (3.25 GPA or higher) in any courses taken at TCC.
- GED students must have scored a 165 or higher or any of the four subsections of the GED test.
All applicants must include an honors application essay in their supporting documents:
Honors Application Essay (300 words)
The Honors Program at TCC is an enriching collegiate community of students and faculty working together in the mutual pursuit of excellence. Relate your achievements and moments of excellence in academics, service, vocation, and any other areas deemed worthy of note that demonstrates you to be a strong candidate. Explain how the Honors Program will be of benefit to you, and how you plan to contribute to the Honors Program and its members in kind.
To apply to the Honors Program, complete the form below and attach your supporting documentation. Note the name of your faculty sponsor in the "additional comments" box. Please make sure to apply to TCC before submitting your Honors application.
Questions? Contact the program director Nicholas Vick at email@example.com or call (850) 201-8195.
TCC Named One of the Top 10 Colleges in the Nation!
Tallahassee Community College (TCC) was recently named one of 10 finalists for the 2021 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, the nation’s signature recognition of high achievement and performance among America’s community colleges. Awarded every two years since 2011, the Prize recognizes institutions that achieve high and improving student outcomes, selected from more than 1,000 community colleges nationwide.Click here to learn more