Explore the AreaLiving in Tallahassee
TCC students live with FSU and FAMU students in off-campus housing and have a rich college experience along with the 50,000 students who study here every year. Tallahassee consistently ranks in the top 20 on a variety of Best College Town lists (but number 1 in our hearts). With our fantastic weather, an impressive array of parks and green spaces, vibrant art and music scene, award-winning restaurants, low cost of living, and an abundance of Southern charm, you’ll love living here.
Check out some of the area’s most popular attractions:
- Beautiful Cascades Park, located in the heart of the city, offers serene walking paths, funky dining options, and an outdoor amphitheater for concerts of all kinds.
- Gaines Street, the hub of arts and culture in Tallahassee, boasts a lively mix of local restaurants, vintage stores, and eclectic shops.
- Enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and kayaking with Tallahassee’s parks, springs, and sinkholes located throughout the area.
- College Town, Tallahassee’s newest district, features vibrant nightlife and local restaurants only steps from FSU’s Doak Campbell Stadium.
- Situated along the picturesque Forgotten Coast of Florida, Tallahassee is about 22 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico and just a 90-minute drive down the coast from one of the best beaches in the country, St. George Island.
See the list of Tallahassee's Top 50 Attractions.
See why Tallahassee was named one of HGTV's "20 Bet Mid-sized Cities in the United States".
TCC does not have on-campus housing; however, there are many student apartment complexes and housing options near our campus.
Find a place to call home:
TCC does not endorse any particular website or individual accommodation.
No car? No problem! Tallahassee’s local bus service, StarMetro, operates bus service to TCC’s main campus. For information on routes and fares, visit talgov.com/starmetro.
TCC provides transportation for individuals with mobility impairments. Students must meet with a counselor in the Student Accessibility Services to determine eligibility. Contact them at (850) 201-8430 or email@example.com for more info. The tram is available Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., and you must present a valid tram pass at the time of pick up.