Explore the AreaLiving in Tallahassee
Whether you love diving into crystal blue springs or trying an array of swanky culinary bites, Tallahassee’s diverse palette has something for everyone. Check out some of the area’s most popular attractions:
- Beautiful Cascades Park, located in the heart of the city, offers serene walking paths, funky dining options, and an outdoor amphitheater for concerts of all kinds.
- Gaines Street, the hub of arts and culture in Tallahassee, boasts a lively mix of local restaurants, vintage stores, and eclectic shops.
- Enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and kayaking with Tallahassee’s parks, springs, and sinkholes located throughout the area.
- College Town, Tallahassee’s newest district, features vibrant nightlife and local restaurants only steps from FSU’s Doak Campbell Stadium.
- Situated along the picturesque Forgotten Coast of Florida, Tallahassee is about 22 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico and just a 90-minute drive down the coast from one of the best beaches in the country, St. George Island.
See the list of Tallahassee's Top 50 Attractions.
For more events, dining, shopping, and adventure opportunities check out Visit Tallahassee or search the Tallahassee Arts Guide.
Discover why more people are choosing Tallahassee
TCC does not have on-campus housing. It is the student's responsibility to find their own housing. There are many apartment complexes and housing options near campus -- and even more designed just for students all around Tallahassee.
Find a place to call home:
TCC does not endorse any particular website or individual accommodation.
For Parents and Families
We know that sending your student off to college isn’t easy, but we’re here to give you peace of mind. Tallahassee is often ranked as one of the top college towns in the nation and featured on many lists of good "medium-sized cities" to live in.
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for Parents to learn more about TCC and the Tallahassee area.
No car? No problem! Tallahassee’s local bus service, StarMetro, operates bus service to TCC’s main campus. For information on routes and fares, visit www.talgov.com/starmetro.
TCC provides transportation for individuals with mobility impairments. Students must meet with a counselor in the Student Accessibility Services to determine eligibility. Contact them at (850) 201-8430 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. The tram is available Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., and you must present a valid tram pass at the time of pick up.
Want to learn more about TCC? Schedule a tour.