Explore the AreaTallahassee Tips
Whether you love diving into crystal blue springs or trying an array of swanky culinary bites, Tallahassee’s diverse palette has something for everyone. Check out some of the area’s most popular attractions:
- Beautiful Cascades Park, located in the heart of the city, offers serene walking paths, funky dining options, and an outdoor amphitheater for concerts of all kinds.
- Gaines Street, the hub of arts and culture in Tallahassee, boasts a lively mix of local restaurants, vintage stores, and eclectic shops.
- Enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and kayaking with Tallahassee’s parks, springs, and sinkholes located throughout the area.
- College Town, Tallahassee’s newest district, features a vibrant nightlife and local restaurants only steps from FSU’s Doak Campbell Stadium.
- Situated along the picturesque Forgotten Coast of Florida, Tallahassee is about 22 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico and just a 90-minute drive down the coast from one of the best beaches in the country, St. George Island.
Looking for the perfect place to call home? While we don’t have on-campus housing, affordable student housing options are located just a few minutes from campus. To explore your options, click here to search apartments near campus or contact Student Services at (850) 201-8420 or DOS@tcc.fl.edu.
For information about activating your utilities, please visit the City of Tallahassee website.
No car? No problem! Tallahassee’s local bus service, StarMetro, operates bus service to TCC’s main campus. For information on routes and fares, visit www.talgov.com/starmetro.
TCC provides transportation for individuals with mobility impairments. Students must meet with a counselor in the Student Accessibility Services to determine eligibility. Contact them at (850) 201-8430 or email@example.com for more info. The tram is available Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., and you must present a valid tram pass at the time of pick up.
Want to learn more about TCC? Schedule a tour.