Look for Jobs, Internships, Work-Study, Volunteer & Job Shadowing Opportunities
Ready to build your skills with an internship or put your skills to use with a job?
Want to get a sneak peek into your future career field? Want to work on-campus or give back by volunteering?
The Career Center monitors the FutureLink website regularly, but it is extremely important
for all users to be aware of possible fraudulent listings and/or fraudulent emails that impostor the Career Center.
Here are some tips to be aware of!
You’ve got the training. Now you’re ready for the job. Check out the resources below to help get into gear.
TCC Hiring Fair
Stay tuned for 2021 Hiring Fair details!
FutureLink gives you access to TCC’s online job & internship board & more. Register with FutureLink to upload a professional résumé and search jobs, exclusive to TCC students and alumni. Watch a quick registration video here.
NOTE: Your FutureLink log-in is your TCC username & password.
How to Find a Job
Head to the Career Center lobby to find postings on our job board or check out the new How to Find a Job Resource. You can also view this quick, 2-minute video on
Get Hired. Love Your Job.
Glassdoor allows you to search millions of job listings, see real employee salaries & read company reviews from employees.
Want to be a trend setter? View the hottest occupations in the State of Florida and Big Bend region.
Networking to Land the Job!
Over 80% of jobs are found through professional networking. Get plugged into the following:
- Access Tallahassee
- Big Bend Paralegal Association
- Business and Professional Women/Tallahassee
- Florida Surveying and Mapping Society
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- TalTech Alliance
- Network for Young Professionals
- Refresh Tallahassee
- Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates- Tallahassee & Leon
- Big Bend Society for Human Resource Managers
- Association of Government Accountants
- Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter
- American Advertising Federation Tallahassee
- Design Week Tallahassee
- Women Who Mean Business (Tallahassee Woman Magazine)
- Capital City .NET Users Group
TCC Campus Employment
- For information on work-study, contact the TCC Financial Aid Dept. at (850) 201-8399.
- Explore available employment opportunities or contact Human Resources at (850) 201-8510 to learn more about openings.
Use the links below to scan local, regional and national job postings:
- State of Florida - People First
- City of Tallahassee
- Leon County
- Part-Time Employment - Snag a Job
- Part-Time and Full-Time Employment - Simply Hired
- Part-Time and Full-Time Employment - Indeed
- Part-Time and Full-Time Employment - Glassdoor
- Career Source - Capital Region -
Homepage or Search for jobs
- For Veterans
"Students currently participating in internships, regardless of location, should contact their internship sites and request remote internship assignments. If it is not possible to continue the internship remotely, the experiential component of the internship should conclude."
For assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Research by the National Association of College and Employers (NACE) indicates that applicants with internship experience enjoy a significant advantage in the percentage of full-time job offers received over their non-intern competitors. Graduates who completed an internship were 20% more likely to have a job at graduation. Looking to score some hands-on, real-world experience? Browse internship openings learn from potential employers through the TCC Internship Program.
Secure your internship:
- Complete the online Work-based Learning Interest Form in FutureLink. (log into FutureLink with your TCC username & password)
- Submit a current resume.
- Meet with an internship coordinator to discuss your goals.
- Interview and land the internship.
Do you have an Internship? If so, please consider taking the Professional Internship course - IDS 2941 - to possibly receive 3 elective credit hours. You must complete the Internship Confirmation form in TCC FutureLink.
Stay tuned for 2021 Hiring Fair details!
EagleShadow & Virtual Job Shadow
Virtual Job Shadow - NEW!
Virtual Job Shadow is an online program which empowers students and job seekers to easily search for career choices by experiencing unlimited job shadowing visits across the spectrum of Career Clusters. The camera crews go behind the scenes with real professionals in actual jobs and provide an in-depth look at workforce realities, showcasing what people do in their occupations and the education and skills needed. There is no better way to relate school subjects to the world beyond the classroom than Virtual Job Shadow!
The EagleShadow Program connects students with employers, community partners, alumni, and friends of TCC for one-day job shadowing opportunities. Job shadowing allows students to observe full-time professionals on-the-job, experience a typical workday, explore a variety of career fields and get a sneak peek into their future industry!
Though generally not for credit or pay, job shadowing provides many benefits. Participation in job shadowing can:
- Help clarify career and professional goals
- Connect classroom learning to real-world application
- Allow for exploration of a wide variety of career fields & industries
- Practice professional networking and make contacts, which may make finding and acquiring future internships or full-time opportunities easier
Due to COVID-19, we will be placing students into job shadowing experiences, on an individual, first-come, first-serve basis.
We no longer place students into job shadowing opportunities in the Clinical Healthcare Field.
However, there is additional information below that may assist you. Thank you for your understanding!
If you are interested in participating in a job shadow opportunity in a medical facility,
we have several suggestions including:
- Visit the job shadowing information page for TMH (Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare) - https://www.tmh.org/careers/shadowing-and-observing
- Visit the job shadowing information page for CRMC (Capital Regional Medical Center) - https://capitalregionalmedicalcenter.com/about/volunteers.dot
- Create a LinkedIn profile and begin building an online professional network - LinkedIn has several features that can help you connect with individuals through contacts you already have. The “Find Alumni” search tool is an easy way to connect with alumni of TCC (and other Colleges & Universities) to ask about potential job shadow opportunities
- Ask friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, professors, peers or former employers/supervisors for opportunities to shadow in their workplace
- Visit the company you want to shadow, present yourself professionally (with a copy of your resume) and ask about job shadowing opportunities
- Attend local networking events - a good place to start is The Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce (click the Events tab)
“The students loved their visit today and raved that they learned so much from our doctors and staff. I can't wait to do it again!” -Megan Torres, Office Manager, Coast Dental
“No need to shadow a social worker!! I had a wonderful experience!!!!!! Officer Stephens was amazing! -Morgan Cox, EagleShadow Participant, Florida Fish & Wildlife