Construction and Skilled Craft TradesElectrical Preapprenticeship
What is a pre-apprenticeship?
Getting involved in a pre-apprenticeship program will give you an advantage in future apprenticeships and career opportunities by expanding your access to experience and training in careers such as electrical, construction, HVAC and more by developing the skills, confidence, and connections needed to be successful.
Did you know that apprentices earn $300,000 more over the course of their career than other workers?
TCC in partnership with IEC Florida West Coast will provide approved Pre-Apprenticeship students the following:
· Approved training from career experts designed to teach the desired career skills needed
· Opportunity to earn two industry certifications - OSHA10 & NCCER
· Access to support services and career counseling
· Connection to existing apprenticeship programs
· Networking with professionals in your chosen career path
· No cost tuition
· Opportunity to be considered for entrance into the formal apprenticeship program where you’ll receive training in the classroom and on the job
· Industry certifications that are portable and are recognized throughout the United States
Applicants for preapprenticeship shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Be between the ages of 16 and 24 years of age;
2. Must meet TCC admission requirements;
3. Maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average;
4. Be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently for training and safety purposes.
For more information please contact Workforce Development at 850-201-8760 or email email@example.com. To apply, please go to forms.tcc.fl.edu/Application/Application/SelectProgram, choose the Apprenticeship Option, then select Pre-Apprenticeship (8018), and follow prompts.
If you would like to learn more about what the course will offer & meet our program staff, register now for our Virtual Open House- October 28th, via Zoom, from 12:30pm-1:30pm.