Backpacks 2 Briefcases | Boots 2 Suits
The SEP program and the Career Center hosts the Fall 2017 Backpack 2 Briefcase and Boots 2 Suits Workshop Series, which are open to all TCC and SEP-enrolled students.
SEP-enrolled students who sign up have the opportunity to earn a Free Kindle Fire and a 1-year membership to Access Tallahassee, while supplies last. To qualify, you must:
- Attend one Strategic Employment Placement Program Orientation Session,
- Register by Monday, Oct. 30,
- Attend at least three of the five scheduled career workshops and the Capstone Ceremony,
- Attend the Job & Internship Fair,
- Attend a Career Center Resumania event to prepare a professional resume, and
- Schedule an appointment and meet with the Career Center Placement Coordinator or Career Counselor/Career Coach.
SEP Orientation Dates
Attend a brief orientation session which provides an overview of the SEP Program and employment placement services available to you. Limited Spots Available.
- October 27 | 3 -4 p.m. | WD 207
- November 6 | 3 - 4 p.m. | WD 207
Fall 2017 Workshop Series Schedule
Workshop 1: Overview of Career Center Services
Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2 – 3 p.m. | SU 243
Learn about the Career Center and what they can do for you.
Workshop 2: Dress for Success & Interview Skills
Friday, Oct. 27, 10 – 11 a.m. | SU 209
Learn how to dress professionally and succeed in the interview.
Facilitator: Felicia Williams
Workshop 3: How to Find a Job | Register
Tuesday, Oct. 31, 10 – 11 a.m. | SU 209
Develop a plan to research, network and breach the hidden job market.
Facilitator: Christy Mantzanas
Workshop 4: The Benefits of Employment for Persons with Disabilities | Register
Thursday, Nov. 9, 3 – 4 p.m. | WD 207
Discover how having a job can improve your life
Facilitator: Zarien Colson
Workshop 5: Smart Professional Networking (Access Tallahassee) | Register
Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2 – 3 p.m. | SU 209
Learn about Access Tallahassee and how to network for long-term success
Facilitator: Catie Goodman
Friday, Dec. 1, 2:30 – 4 p.m. | WD 105