The Purchasing Department’s main purpose is to assure that the College’s expenditures relating to the acquisition of commodities and services are in compliance with TCC’s policies, state requirements, and sound business practices. While accomplishing this purpose, the department is focused on obtaining quality commodities and services, and in making sure they are delivered in a timely manner.
There are many opportunities for vendors, contractors, and consultants to do business with Tallahassee Community College (TCC). As one of the nation’s best community colleges, TCC purchases all types of supplies, materials, commodities, and services; as well as constructing and maintaining several tri-county facilities.
TCC is committed to promoting and developing business relationships with a wide variety of businesses and ensuring that local small businesses have the chance to compete for a fair share of these opportunities. These opportunities are advertised on the State of Florida’s Vendor Bid System (VBS), and publicized here on this site. Interested parties should fill out a TCC Vendor Application and refer to our Current Bid Information page to stay up to date with our business needs.
VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT: In accordance with State of Florida Office of the Governor Executive Order Number 11-02, the firm shall utilize the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all persons employed during the contract term by the firm to perform employment duties within Florida and all persons (including sub-consultants) assigned by the firm to perform work pursuant to the contract with Tallahassee Community College.
The TCC Purchasing Department is dedicated to the following standards:
- To consider first the interest of TCC and its Board of Trustees in all decisions and to carry out and believe in its established policies and procedures;
- To obey the letter and spirit of the laws governing the procurement process;
- To avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practices in relationship, actions and communications;
- To buy without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum ultimate value and be good stewards of college resources;
- To refrain from any private business or professional activity that may present a conflict of interest in carrying out the procurement functions;
- Maintaining fair and clear purchase and bid specifications;
- Answering all inquiries promptly;
Location & Hours
TCC Main Campus
444 Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32304
Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.