Provost's OfficeHispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.)
- Academic Appeals
- Academic Support
- Class Recordings (HB 233) - Faculty Info
- Faculty Senate
- Faculty/Student Evaluation
- Faculty Workload Resources
- Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.)
- Open Education Resources
- Summer Scholar Program
- TCC 32304 Scholarship
- TCC Fast Track Helios Scholarship
- Travel/Professional Development Funding
- LIVE AFTER 5
The TCC Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.) is a newly launched opportunity that promotes intercultural understanding and empowerment for Hispanic students. This program launches a new cohort of Hispanic students each academic year term and encourages students from the Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla, or surrounding counties (within the state of Florida) to join. These students will matriculate at TCC together as they are placed in similar courses and activities that engage them in career building and goal-setting enrichment sessions, and allows the opportunity to participate in many more empowering initiatives.
As the cohort progresses throughout the academic year, students of this program will be provided holistic support through being paired with committed mentors. Additionally, the students will be highly encouraged to join other TCC organizations that will help build and enhance their resumes.
To apply to the program a student is required to:
- Be of Hispanic descent
- Be a high school graduate from Leon, Gadsden, or Wakulla County. Students from other counties in the state of Florida are encouraged to still apply.
- Show a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher -OR- College Level ACT/SAT scores.
- Complete the TCC Admissions Application.
- Complete the FAFSA form for the proper academic year associated with the start of the program.
Students that are accepted in the program receive up to 6-credit hours for FREE on the select choice of courses and a textbook stipend.
Applications are closed. The applications for next year will open in April 2022.
For any questions, please feel free to contact the program coordinator:
- Brielle Crooms | Email: Brielle.Crooms@tcc.fl.edu | Phone: 850-201-6063